[ubuntu-art] Yet another ML vs. Forum thread

Hylke Bons h.bons at student.rug.nl
Wed Apr 30 15:16:04 BST 2008

Cory K. wrote:
> If people are putting work they would actually like to be considered on
> the wiki (like they are supposed to) nothing will get lost. That's
> usually is how it goes.
>
> This is why we need to get back to the "sub-teams" idea. People who like
> a particular concept work together to get it done.  Only time will tell
> if anyone actually has the motivation to get it done.
>
> -Cory \m/

I like the sub-teams idea. But I think it's  a little unfair to let for
example 5 teams work on a full theme, while only one gets chosen.
Someone has to give clear direction, and not be afraid to approve or
discard ideas in an early stage. I think that's why it's been relatively
quiet on this list lately. So many have good and bad ideas have passed,
but because the lack of confirmation (and therefor motivation) will
drive people away. That's ok if something is a bad idea, but we have to
keep the good ideas around. As we say in The Netherlands: someone has to
"cut the knot". :)

Hylke