[ubuntu-art] mails and teams

Cory K. coryisatm at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 30 13:44:07 BST 2008

Günther Beyer wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I might be a little wrong, but this is the art-list, isn't it? We should
> discuss artwork for the upcoming ubuntu, which should be a big step
> forward. This might eventually result in a lot of work to be done.
>
> So
> 1. please respect the rules of the list an put your answers at the bottom.
> 2. if someone replies at a position that you don't prefer, IGNORE it,
> please. Don't fire your guns and bother all the other readers. Be a
> grown up and scroll up or down.

You can't ignore it on these long threads that have happened over the
past few days. A few are fine but not every other post. ')

> Furthermore we all agree to get something revolutionary out, in the next
> 4 to 6 month. But at the moment we are discussing email-styles and minor
> details.

Sure, we can agree but whether we can respect each other enough and work
together is the big question. ;)

> Every big project needs to start with a vision. Art-Teams might be a
> good point to start. Those teams need some leaders ith a clear vision,
> how the next Ubuntu could look like. Maybe I'm going straight to the
> point and nominate three possible leaders:
>
> I would really like to see Hylke, Troy and Thorwil lead a team. Everyone
> of these three has a clear vision and a unique style when it comes to
> artwork. I've followed their comments to the list for the last 12 month
> and I have the feeling, they know where to head next. Beat me if I'm
> wrong, guys ^
>
> Maybe this is a little fast forward for some, but I think we need to get
> things going. 3 month are a very short time. Anybody else for nomination?
>
> cheerz
> Günther

I like the choices, but I thing it's up to individuals to decide. I
believe the nominees have rather busy schedules. Maybe something can be
done. Who knows.

-Cory \m/