[ubuntu-art] STOP TOP POSTING!!!

François Degrave fdegrave at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 13:38:13 BST 2008

Cory K. a écrit :
> Álvaro Medina Ballester wrote:
>
>> 2008/4/30 Cory K. <coryisatm at ubuntu.com <mailto:coryisatm at ubuntu.com>>:
>>
>>     Álvaro Medina Ballester wrote:
>>     > 2008/4/30 saltedlight <salted.light at gmail.com
>>     <mailto:salted.light at gmail.com>
>>     > <mailto:salted.light at gmail.com <mailto:salted.light at gmail.com>>>:
>>     >
>>     >     ARE YOU ALL BLIND OR WHAT??? OR ARE YOU STUPID???
>>     >     IF YOU ARE NOT THEN
>>     >
>>     >     STOP TOP POSTING!!!
>>     >
>>     >     IS THIS SUCH A HARD THING TO DO???
>>     >
>>     >     STOP TOP POSTING!!!
>>     >
>>     >     I REALY DON'T CARE WHAT EMAIL CLIENT YOU USE; JUST DO WHAT
>>     YOU HAVE TO
>>     >     DO TO POST AT THE BOTTOM OF THE MESSAGE!!!
>>     >
>>     >     STOP TOP POSTING!!!
>>     >
>>     >     --
>>     >     Sorin-Mihai Vârgolici
>>     >     <https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-art>
>>     >
>>     >
>>     >
>>     > http://www.ubuntu.com/community/conduct
>>
>>     Oh please. Don't go trying to invoke the toothless COC where you're
>>     being just as rude by continuing to ignore the requests of the
>>     majority
>>     of the list.
>>
>>     -Cory \m/
>>

>> I think that this is because english is not my language, I still don't
>> know what does "top posting" means. I do always the same I did to
>> post, reply at gmail or from Apple Mail.
>>
>> You should consider that if I've always posted this way I don't know
>> if I'm doing something bad, so this is the reason why I haven't asked
>> anybody what "top posting" means. Now it seems that I'm doing that, so
>> please explain what it means.
>>
>> Anyway, I don't think that I should be stupid for that.
>> --
>> Álvaro.
>>

> Don't reply with your post above someone elses.
>
> Best example is:
>
> A: Top-posting.
>
> -Cory \m/
>
> PS: I'm moving your text when I reply.

Top posting or down posting is a question that arises only when we
misuse the tools we have; in that case, we use a *MAILING LIST* for
something that requires a *FORUM*.

Therefore, if God and the Angels of the Paradise can hear me pray,
please someone set up a forum where discussions could be easily read and
ideas easily tracked. Amen.