[ubuntu-art] Intrepid Panels

Steph orkerone at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 17:42:05 BST 2008

Hi guys,

It seems I had a bug of the list and received ~50 of your message in a
single digest. Here's what I think of :

* The animated, "live" wallpaper : it'a good idea, as long as it doesn't use
more than 5% of CPU or GPU (better), and if this is realized, we have to
check if it's really that eye pleasant. Animation is cool, yes, but
really unobtrusive.
We could try to reproduce a feature of the  Sony Ericsson
<http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/mobilephones/overview/s500i?cc=fr&lc=en>S500I
phone<http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/mobilephones/overview/s500i?cc=fr&lc=en>,
wich changes its wallpaper along the day. My girlfriend has one, it's really
beautiful, and not stressing at all.

list. We don't have any art tracker or anything (what has be done of
art.ubuntu.com, it's been months since I'me waiting?). But we have the
Ubuntu Wiki, indeed, wich is actually a very good place to share ideas and
show the progress of each team.

* The theme selection at installation : I disagree, as others, the idea of
asking wich theme to use, first because we want the installation to be the
clearest as possible, simplest as possible, and even a tiny checkboxwould
disturb the installation processus. Second, the theme we're going to realize
will be so great nobody will change it :D

The a first proposition for Intrepix : what about increasing the size of
both gnome panels ? The default, lowest size is 24 pixels, and setting it at
32px produces a much pleasing effect. A pleasing desktop shouldn't force
user to squint to see what's written. Those who have a bad vision would be
glad. Technically, I don't know if this increase of panel size causes some
problems with window display, if anybody can tell me more about this...And
then, we should __definitely__ find a gnome panel background, or anything
but delete this stupid grey color.

Cheers.