[ubuntu-art] How the first theme is chosen for the user.

Klaus Bitto klaus.bitto at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 14:57:23 BST 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 9:31 AM, shadowh511 <shadow.h511 at gmail.com> wrote:

> What I meant was a simple checkbox.

I think, having to customize your installation in order to not have to
customize your desktop is too much forced customization already.

The only thing that could maybe work would be an unobstrusive little bubble
popup on first run, saying something like:

"Hey, we makers of ubuntu have created four differently shaded themes for
you to chose from.
Click this bubble to select the one that suits your tastes best!

You can also customize your desktop's looks later by opening the Appearance
settings from the System » Settigns menu, which you can find in the top left
screen corner."

But even this would be regarded some kind of "first-run" app...
Honestly, I never liked the "Welcome to Windoze - have a tour around all the
new bling!"-dialogs.

klaus