[ubuntu-art] How the first theme is chosen for the user.

Sumit Agarwal sumit.chandra.agarwal at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 02:57:39 BST 2008

Incorrect. Not many. MOST!
Most. people. do. not. customize. their. desktop.
At. all.

Which is just another way of saying: lets get things right the first
time. Lets put all our efforts into a tasteful default desktop.

First order of business (in my opinion, and in the opinion of other
non-enthusiasts I've spoken with) is color. While the orange/brown
does effectively distinguish Ubuntu from other OS's, it is
dramatically overused. Most people find it ugly. I don't think we
should move away from those colors. I think we should simply limit
what interface elements we actually apply them to.

This is an actual item/issue we can discuss. I'm inviting targeted
dialogue around this. PLEASE converse around issues like this instead
of creating mockups that aren't targeted at any specific issues!!!
Once we've identified issues we can make mockups that address them!

-Sumit