No subject

Thu Oct 18 14:49:24 BST 2007

me wrong, I appreciate your work, but the color of the title bar is way too
intensive for example. Besides, the window titles aren't well readable. The
minimiz/maximize/close buttons are interessting, but for a default OS theme
they might be too special. And if I'm not wrong, the Gtk theme is still the
same as now. But one thing is really positive; the wallpaper!

> Hey,
>
> A friend pointed me to this thread, I'm the author of those mockups :-).
>
> I've never really had the time to work on this, life stuff keeps
> getting in the way, but if anyone does take it forward, I'd definitely
> like to help out, either by coding or designing more complete
> mock-ups.
>
> Two  things thats missing from these mockups is that, with the recent
> advances in Gtk with transparency, it'll be nice to have the theme
> manipulate the transparency of things like dialog & configuration
> windows (obviously it has no effect if in a non-composited
> environment). Secondly, I think that animations are quite important
> now, like while hovering over a button, it would pulse.
>
> Obviously, both these things can quickly become annoying if done
> incorrectly, but I'm sure it won't come to that, and anyway, as long
> as there's an option to switch it off... :-).
>
> Regards,
>
> Neil

Great! Nice to hear that.

Here's a first test:

> http://guentherbeyer.de/wp

-content/uploads/2007/11/ubuntu_804_theme_test_02b.png

> Cheerz
> G?nther

Looks really great! The impressed buttons have a quite nice color, I really
like that. But maybe you should change the color of the window content, I
think the contrast between simply white and black is too high. It should be
some light grey tone from my point of view. Another thing I really like
about this theme is that the windows have quite nice rounded corners.
Together with the gradient of the window title bars, this gives a cool
effect. But you might re-think the minimize/maximize/close buttons.

------=_Part_8367_4404843.1194378037190

http://www.smartboy.salocinlinux.org/db/Screenshots/Screenshot-Hardy1.png
</a><br><a href="http://www.smartboy.salocinlinux.org/db/Screenshots/Screenshot-Hardy2.png" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://www.smartboy.salocinlinux.org/db/Screenshots/Screenshot-Hardy2.png

------=_Part_8367_4404843.1194378037190--