[ubuntu-art] screen shots showing off effects

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Wed Oct 31 21:34:10 GMT 2007

On the "screen shot tour" page for 7.10 I'm adding a couple images
showing off the desktop effects. The ones I have are pretty plain
looking and don't really show off how the desktop is enhanced via
effects.

I'm not having good luck taking screen shots myself (received the ones
I'm using from someone in the company). Would anyone here be willing
to take a few screen shots? 3-6 good ones would be great.

Guidelines:
 * 4:3 desktop ratio, preferably 1024x768
 * Reasonably default-looking desktop
 * Don't show off anything personal or offensive (i.e. your e-mail
   inbox or naked pics)

Ideally optimized jpgs (optimization at 60-80%) about 40K +/- and a
thumbnail that is jpg that is 180px wide x 135px high. The thumbnail
doesn't have to be exactly the same image as the full size image - if
it makes sense to crop out a portion of the image before making the
thumb-nail then feel free to do it.

I'm happy to optimize the images and generate thumbnails if needed
(but am also happy to let you do it).

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode