[ubuntu-art] compiling gtk-engines-2.12.1 from source.

xl cheese xl_cheese at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 2 02:37:30 BST 2007

Has anyone tried this?  For whatever reason I'm unable to get it to install.  It installs from synaptic just fine.

The directory /usr/share/gtk-engines does not get created.  However, /usr/local/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines does get created.

If someone can help me out I'd really appreciate it.  My goal is to make a clone of the clearlooks engine so I can alter the code and add more features to it.

Thanks,
wes