[ubuntu-art] Icon theme suggestion

Who mailforwho at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 29 15:59:58 GMT 2007

On Nov 28, 2007 6:57 PM, Álvaro Medina Ballester
<xlasttrainhomex at gmail.com> wrote:
> As I said before, we should use the power of the colours to bring a
> "easy-to-use/easy-to-recognize user experience". Folders, should have the
> same colour, labels should use the same colour as folders but with a
> different tone, devices should use the same colour too, to associate colours
> and shapes to an app, actions, folders, devices... but I think that bringing
> the distro icons just in 3 colours is not usable.
>
> It's harder to find the functionality if every icons has only 3 colours.

This is a very important point, and so many of the icon themes that
are suggested seem to miss it - consistency in an icon theme can come
easily from style, even without the colours all being the same.

I also think this theme is a little too cartoony for my liking,

Also, just as an aside - are folders shinny in real life!? Mine are
all matte and made of paper - maybe I'm just not modern enough :P