[ubuntu-art] WAS Matte for the next release?

Álvaro Medina Ballester xlasttrainhomex at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 10:43:54 GMT 2007

2007/11/23, Günther Beyer <contact at guentherbeyer.de>:

> I'm going with James. The use of brown colours hat always been a little
> shy in Ubuntu, but you can do so much more. Think about the combination
> of brown nuances and white - very smooth and eyepleasing. Brown and
> black - very strong. Brown with green and blue - fresh, modern. Brown
> with red and orange - eyeblasting.

Agree. Just look any of lyrae's themes.

http://www.gnome-look.org/usermanager/search.php?username=lyrae&action=contents

He/she uses browns and makes the greatests themes I've ever seen in Linux.

Some thoughts on icons. Most people are bored by the glossy look of the
> Human Theme. But like someone pointed out, it would be a problem, if a
> new icontheme would not work with Tango anymore - Suse, Fedora, ...
>
> Maybe it would be way better, to rework a huge part of the actual
> icontheme, making them a little more realistic, making them somehow
> cleaner than they actually are. Hylkes Discovery icons are a good start
> or maybe could fuse with the new ones. What about this one:
>
> http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Simple+Human
> +folders?content=41750

What do you think about starting at this point?

http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Dropline+NOU%21?content=53292

I think that combines Ubuntu look with more realistic & less glossy icons.

I've got the feeling, that souch a small change is exactly the right

Álvaro.