[ubuntu-art] hardy gtk theme

Jakub Steiner jimmac at novell.com
Fri Nov 16 17:32:33 GMT 2007

Hi.
While I still don't see any immediate need for high res, we did start
playing around with the uber-detailed style for gnome icon theme [1].

There is nothing stopping you from providing highly detailed artwork for
large canvases without diverging from the tango style. We don't have any
guidelines for the high res as it will take a bit of iterations to get
the style right, but don't consider 48x48px to be a dead end for Tango.

The current problem is getting consistent icon set across dozens of free
applications, and this is largely a 24x24/22x22 pixel land still. The
Oxygen set has recently been improving in low res area and the style
isn't far off from tango in fact[2]. I am pretty confident that creating
an Ubuntu base set that follows the tango guidelines, provides high-res
art will work rather well in KDE4 too.

cheers

[1] http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=users/jimmac/git-highres.git;a=summary
[2] http://people.freedesktop.org/~jimmac/icons/#oxygen