[ubuntu-art] Opinion

William Shafer willshafer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 19:13:56 GMT 2007

I don't post much, but I have been reading for the last several months.
My computer can barely just run all the new visual effects and such
that were added to Gutsy, and all this talk of adding processor
intensive window managers worries me. How will I be able to install
the newest version if I cant even run the live CD? Last time I needed
it Ubuntu didn't have a text install mode. Most people new to linux
are not going to install it on a brand new computer, they are going to
pull out the old computer from the closet.
Should we spend more install disk space on different looks, or on
drivers so that you ensure that it runs without a hitch, and reassures
people that the OS works well?
I like the Orange, and the comic book look. It yells, "This is Ubuntu!
We are different! We are original! We are Human!" If some one wants to
change it; they can, very easily. I say keep the orange, brown, and
tan. There is no real need to change it. Changing it to black just
makes it look like Generic OS version 10.0. Are we Generic OS, or are
we Ubuntu? Are we Human?