[ubuntu-art] Fonts

Andrew Laignel a.laignel at ukdotcafe.com
Thu Nov 8 13:11:48 GMT 2007

Tiago Souza wrote:
> Are fonts within our scope? Can we change it? Will we change it? I'm
> wondering why we are not discussing it..
>
> Cheers!
I agree.  I generally find the fonts in Ubuntu a little too big and
spindly.  I really like the typography in this
http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=31128 mockup - second
image down especially.  Tactful use of fullcaps & bold are nice.  It
also makes things look less cluttered when they are smaller.

We need to be nice to the short-sighted old folks though.  I've found
they have quite a lot of problems when it comes to reading small text -
maybe an alternate theme the same, but designed for high visibility
would be an idea too?