[ubuntu-art] hardy gtk theme

Emrah Ünal eunall at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 13:09:17 GMT 2007

Hey all

Call me a heretic, I didn't like that diagonal gloss on buttons. I agree
with Cimi, it's not usable.
There's been many attempts to find an original kind of "gloss", if we're
up to find another, this one should be much different from previous
ones.

When I was experimenting with different kinds of gradients on buttons,
it turned out like this, kind of swirly and not-that-obvious-gloss:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/19807252@N00/1902730514/
(currently fully desaturated, implementing to a color palette is not a
problem)

But as for a default theme, it seems we have no other choices to follow
the Tango guidelines, at least in short term.

emrahunal

--
Emrah Ünal <eunall at gmail.com>