[ubuntu-art] Style MATTErs

Carlos Moreno moreno_pg at mochima.com
Fri Mar 30 19:42:05 BST 2007

Who wrote:
> I did some work on a matte ubuntu logo  [...]
> Any advice would be great.
As an observer with an opinion, rather than an artist, I could add
that I would probably prefer it with a slight 3D outline given by
a lightning effect on the edges  (like this, the edges look like a
discontinuity in the drawing more than like the boundary of the
logo).  It could still be matte yet have a illuminated line near
the edge, giving a better outline.

Not sure I'm using the right terminology or if I'm being clear
on what I mean --- I hope it helps, and by all means feel free
to write back requesting further explanation if I was not clear.

Carlos