[ubuntu-art] Question about

Jordi Rosario acero_64 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 11 09:58:10 GMT 2007

Greetings

My wife ( Emma Alvarez ) is graphics designer, and has  a shop at Cafepress. We are users of Xubuntu OS, and like it very much.

She would like to know if she can make 2 t-shirts (one for man, another for woman) in her shop with Xubuntu logo, and the url of Xubuntu (www.xubuntu.org).

The idea is to get mutual promotion. By the way, thus we send back the effort to all those people in the GNU have done for people like us.
So with their logo and url, they get more promotion and support.

We saw there are some t-shirts of Ubuntu in Cafepress, so we suppose she can do it.

As a shopkeeper, Cafepress gets most of the money of the sales, as they get  the base price.
Emma wins a markup over that base price, that she can choose.
For example, if an article costs 6 dollars of base price, and we fix the price to 6 dollars, we earn no money. If we set a markup of 8 dollars, we earn 2 dollars.

Emma Alvarez would sell, if you like, this t-shirts and Xubuntu articles without earning any money, just for the base price, that goes all to Cafepress.
The only purpose is mutual promotion, as we said, not to earn money from Xubuntu.

Of course, if it is allowed, it would be nice to add a small markup, for design and maintenance cost.

Is there something in the license that forbides doing this? If we can, were can we get the gidelines of colors, logo, fonts, so the project is consistent with Xubuntu artwork? Is this idea welcome to your community?

Yours,

Jordi R Cardona

Correo Yahoo!