[ubuntu-art] Ubuntu Wallpapers

Kenneth Wimer kwwii at ubuntu.com
Fri Jul 27 22:15:18 BST 2007

On Friday 27 July 2007 22:50:40 Justin Blau wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> In terms of backgrounds that come with Ubuntu, I think that since the trend
> in computer monitors is moving towards wide screen, we should include a few
> wide screen resolution backgrounds.
>
> Also, I have a bunch of pictures from Hawaii I took a while ago, about 600,
> that I could use to edit and turn into backgrounds.  I'll upload them
> somewhere and link to them in the wiki.
>
> What type of backgrounds are you guys looking for, photographs, completely
> digital artwork, photomanipulation, or all of them?
>
> -Justin

Anything, basically. Naturally all pixmaps need to be large enough to
accomodate the normal sizes - since you mention wide screen I guess you are
on the right road there.

One important point to note is that the colors used in the default pic need to
be something along the lines of brown. Look at the previous artwork to get an
idea of what is needed. In any case, we can include any pic which is nice
enough it just won't be default.

Ken