[ubuntu-art] Update-notifier icon

Kenneth Wimer kwwii at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 14 00:49:29 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 13 February 2007 22:59:13 Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> Lapo Calamandrei wrote:
> > What about something like these?
> >
> > Lapo

> *Really* like the arrows, the orange one suits me better but I could
> live with the red one too.
>
> Ken?
>
> Mark

The orange arrow looks great and indicates importance but not problems. Nice!

Just one idea, not sure if it would work or not, but here goes: put it on top
of a small app window, to signify that we are updating software - not sure if
this would not be too crowded or not but it might be worth a try.

The red star says "crash" very well to me. I think it would be nice for the
apport icon although that might be overdoing the exclamation point usage in
the panel.

Are there SVGs available? If not, I'd love to help make them.

Ken