[ubuntu-art] Update-notifier icon

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 21:06:39 GMT 2007

2007/2/3, Étienne Bersac <bersace03 at laposte.net>:

> Hi all,
>
> As i noticed during the dapper cycle, the update-notifier icon is wrong.
> It has one goal : tell the user to manually trigger update. I notice
> that neither my father nor my mother nor any other membres of my family
> understood that (that's almost all the clueless people i can observe).
> Even if i tell them several times the meaning of this icon.

I have installed Ubuntu at a few other places and I can confirm you report.
People don't click the icon. I'm not sure it is because they don't know that
they have top do it, or it's just that they don't dare or bother... I'm not
100% about their motives.

Cheers,
Mikkel

up2date icon from RH is far better : a glowing red circle with an