[ubuntu-art] Second version of Union mockup

Ken Vermette vermette at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 23:03:09 GMT 2007

I think as long as the widgets are done correctly they'll look good; I'm
basing the widgets, very much like the rest of the theme, off of the Murrine
per-pixel-alpha demonstration image and Basic ideals; although the widgets
will be more flat. I also kind of want to stick close to the Murrine alpha
demonstration (in terms of widgets) because if this theme is fully done, it
means that there will probably be less bugs until per-pixel-alpha matures.

The three buttons running on the bottom-left of windows are for less-used,
but helpful actions. I don't know how possible they are, but I figure it
makes no sense to pack the entire topside of a window with buttons when the
bottom is practically untouched. All of the 3 buttons are on/off, and in
order they are: Roll up, Above other windows, Tack/Sticky. I drew the tack
backwards (doh!)

I agree about the transparency with the inactive window; it needs much more
opacity. On the orange background I use it looks less apparent; but you can
really see it on every other background.

The + - is there mostly because I wanted something other than the Vista
look, but I'll make some new buttons that hopefully explain what they do,
while avoiding vista-like icons. I'm unsure on how they'll look when th user
mouse-overs, but they will have a green/yellow/red glow if I can make it
look good.

I'll have an update tomorrow with the changes, and possibly widgets. I'll
also mock-up calculator and another basic program so we'll see how an actual
program might look.

Thanks everyone!
 -- Ken V