[ubuntu-art] "Union" Theme

Julian Oliver julian at selectparks.net
Tue Dec 25 13:47:41 GMT 2007

..on or around Tue, Dec 25, 2007 at 12:58:17AM -0500, Ken Vermette said:
> A few days back I said I'd create a theme based from my own work:
>

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Hardy/Alternate/Union

what i really like about this is:

  it's actually feasible.

  the softness shared across windows, desktop and panels will 'push forward'
  window contents, including text, acting as a natural focal lens of sorts.
  previously, the sheer density of colour framed the window contents too
  agressively.

  the subtle delimiting line around the window edge 'floats' the window
  itself in a way that is fresh and elegant. nice work.

  i think you've really resolved the menu transparency and gradiant
  problem seen in previous iterations.

  this will also theme really well i think (a steely dark theme would
  look great and perhaps provide contrast desired by some).

congrats.. from my position this is a winner.

the background image colour could be brought in line with the aforementioned
reference mockup:

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Hardy/Alternate/BasicIdeals

that said, what you have achieved is much 'warmer', if that is at all a
goal..

i'm curious to see how this would look with an existant dark background.

what do you intend to do with the buttons? they, i thought, didn't have
such well chosen colours in your previous mockups, reminiscent of
that-other-operating-system.

Feliz Navidad,

julian oliver

--