[ubuntu-art] First idea ...

Julian Oliver julian at selectparks.net
Tue Aug 14 11:10:43 BST 2007

..on or around Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 09:40:56AM +0200, Filipe DA COSTA said:
> Hi,
>
> Here you have my first idea for a wallpaper:
>
> http://www.play.lu/host/test_01_002.jpg
>
> I try to find a perfect color combination for an orange/brown theme. For
> now this orange-to-blue seems not that bad ...
>
> Comments welcome ...

why must the Ubuntu logo be in the desktop, let alone the word "Ubuntu"?.

isn't this 'over-branding'? is the 'brand' of Ubuntu so weak it must be
pushed in the face of the user over and over again?

i'd like to see designs that back-off a little, allow the desktop to belong
to the user's imagination for a moment instead of Canonical's.

people know they're running Ubuntu when it's on their computer. we don't
need to remind them from boot to desktop.

i think it comes across as a bit desperate, an over-bearing need to be recognised.

cheers,

julian

--
http://julianoliver.com