[ubuntu-art] community themes

Kenneth Wimer kwwii at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 1 13:05:56 BST 2007

Hi all,

I'd like to see as many themes created by the community make it into Gutsy as
possible.

For some of you this might already be clear but I thought I should sum things
up and provide some usefull links.

Current attempts at creating a wallpaper for Gutsy can be found here:
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/GutsyIdeas

While the intent of this page is to find a suitable default wallpaper for
Gutsy it would also be a good place to submit and get ideas for other themes
as well.

The only thing really needed to include a theme is to get a coherent idea
together. Remeber there are no limitations on colors, etc for community based
themes - so get out your blue and green crayons and start drawing :-)

In order to include them in Gutsy they still need to make it into a package.
The best/easiest way of doing this is explained here:
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AutomaticArtworkBuilderInstructions

I'll help anyone any way I can and would really appreciate feedback on this
information. I created it by documenting the process while creating my own
personal theme (GreenGrass). I am sure that we can improve this so feel free
to criticize and offer ideas and help.

Ken