[ubuntu-art] Ubuntu ISO Testing Team Artwork

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Wed Apr 25 22:54:01 BST 2007

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:

> Hi Troy. Hi everybody.
>
> As I've told on IRC, we at the ISO Testing Team are looking for branding
> for the team (i.e. an image, a logo, and an icon, which can be the same
> or not).
>
> We thought in CD's, flames (because we burn CDs to test theme), glasses
> (because we check the CDs carefully looking for bugs and problems)...
> but we're open to your suggestions, since you're the artists!
>
> The Launchpad page for the team is
> https://launchpad.net/~isotesting
>
> And the new images should be (Launchpad requirements):
>
> - -Mugshot: A large image of exactly 192x192 pixels, that will be
> displayed on the team page in Launchpad. It should be no bigger than
> 100kb in size.
>
> - -Logo: An image of exactly 64x64 pixels that will be displayed in the
> heading of all pages related to the team. Traditionally this is a logo,
> a small picture or a personal mascot. It should be no bigger than 50kb
> in size.
>
> - -Icon: A small image of exactly 14x14 pixels and at most 5kb in size,
> that can be used to identify this team. The icon will be displayed
> whenever the team name is listed - for example in listings of bugs or on
> a person's membership table.

The 'burning' suggestion in the K3b logo has always made me think of
destruction (!) rather than a creation process (that is, burning a CD
DVD etc), so I offer the thought that flames may not always give the
positive impression you want.

A testing situation puts me in mind of a question mark (?) and a
strongly moving probing activity - in your situation - brings to mind
an arrow or sharp point.

Combined these could become a question mark (or more than one) each
with a probing arrow at the end rather than a dot.

--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391