[ubuntu-art] panel background

effraie effraie at apinc.org
Thu Sep 28 10:51:31 BST 2006

Hello all

 i've update the page with other panel colors, but it's quite shure the
white is the best.

 The objection about some "theme with black bg and white fg " is
absolutely rignt, but, exept for one of the very contrasted GTK theme,
it never happen whit the default set of theme provided by ubuntu.
I think this is not really blocking, cause, in the rares cases where
this background image not fit the theme, it's not so difficult to right
clic on it to disable the background.

the other issue is, IMHO, not a so big problem, cause, as i just tried
it, if i want to use a vertical panel, i have to create it my self
(right-clic>new panel), and in that case, the default comportement is to
create a new panel whitout any background image. what is a problem in
the first issue, is a solution here.

but, of course, the best solution where to fix the software bugs! we
need to discuss the exact comportement we want, regarding the relation
between GTK theme and background image, vertical panels, new panels...

one more time, i appologize for my poor english, and hope everybody can
understand me.

effraie

- --
ubuntu-art mailing list