[ubuntu-art] Getting real with glossiness and colors

Who mailforwho at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 13 10:29:49 BST 2006

Hiya,
I really like your work, as evidenced by bringing it to the attention
of the list to discuss a while back - hope you don't mind :)

I tried to incorporate some of the ideas into the work I did for
Produce here - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Specs/EdgyArtworkPlan/Produce/Incoming/WhoLsplash
some of the earlier designs were done as a way of trying to reconicle
the gloss from MaG with your designs. The colours are different, but
your work was basically the inspiration...

I think gloss works well on those, but I think If I was to tone it any
darker brown then it would start looking worse - in my opinion you are
right that if we are using a dark brown then it must be flat and
smooth - silky, maybe.

I am not sure where the commitment to dark brown has come from, or
even if it is a commitment. I think the oranges that we were moving
towards for Dapper were too bright, but using caramels and the colours
from the Dapper GDM I think we can get a more professional look -
admitedly it is less earthy

Who