[ubuntu-art] Micro tweaks

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 06:50:24 BST 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-08 at 23:19 +0200, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:
> Looking at the new gdm, splash, and wallpaper I really like what I
> see! Great work guys.
>
> I have a few (constructive - I hope) comments. In both gdm and splash
> the ubuntu logo appears a bit like an external bit just placed on the
> image. I think it is because the border of the logo is too dark, or
> maybe it needs a hint of a drop shadow.
>
> Another thing in the gdm; the logo looks a bit like it's invading the
> space of the ubuntu text string. I think raising the logo just a bit
> to create a slightly bigger gap (just a few pixels) would be
> desirable.

Sweet, the new tweaked GDM was just what I had in mind. Is the same
ideas going to be applied on the gnome splash?

I think it is the subtle drop shadow that does the trick. I see that the
ubuntu text in the gdm is also shadowed now. I think it fits really well
with the human icon theme shadows.

Cheers,
Mikkel