[ubuntu-art] Ubuntu panel background proposal

Troy James Sobotka troy.sobotka at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 16:14:13 BST 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-09 at 10:43 +0100, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:

> I far prefer the "semi-transparent" panel idea that someone posted a
> little while ago. I think the Panel should have a very distinctive
> look, and not be Grey at all! That goes for the Panel menu items as
> well as the Panel itself.

Translucent is lovely.  My only concern while twiddling with
it here at home is that it is difficult to get _all_
of the interface elements to abide by the rules.

It is a very simple tweak, and I think we can get it in for
Edgy assuming our workhorse Frank manages to push it to
bzr.

Right now however, there is _one_ amateur looking element --
certain buttons on the panel need to have the default translucency
adjusted to bring them more in line with the rest of the panel.

I have attached a small JPG to illustrate the problem.

Does anyone know how to adjust this value and in what
resource file it is?  Dennis?  ;)

Sincerely,
TJS