[ubuntu-art] msikma's Usplash

Troy James Sobotka troy.sobotka at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 13:47:41 BST 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-09 at 14:37 +0200, Michiel Sikma wrote:
> I would like that too, but a background might not work well for the
> same reasons it couldn't be anything other than black in the old
> usplash.

> Op 7-sep-2006, om 14:33 heeft Álvaro Medina Ballester het volgende
> geschreven:
> > background brown would be better (a clear shade like simple-human
> > ubuntu wallpaper)

Great work on the spotlight tweaking!  It _really_ has come a long
way.

For the consistency with the rest of the distribution, and a
hope that sabdfl would pass it, could you try polishing it in
the following directions.  Again, these are optional, but I would
love to see the cycling spotlight make it into Edgy.

1) Matching the logo curve style with the style that Frank offered
   up.  It ultimately would need to match the final decisions based
   on sabdfl's / Frank's direction.  The current curvature does not
   match any motif / element in the distribution.

2) Try a brown background.  There are zero things in the entire
   distribution that are black, with the sole exception being the
   text logo.  It would be wise to keep the black contrast of the
   logo as the singular black focus point now that we have the
   black restriction removed from the Edgy Usplash.  I believe
   Dennis could clarify this ultimately -- once he gets some
   sleep.

I think we could manage to convince sab to pass it assuming
we can coerce it into the mainline look.

Sincerely,
TJS