[ubuntu-art] Usplash for edgy is finished

Dennis Kaarsemaker dennis at kaarsemaker.net
Thu Sep 7 11:22:09 BST 2006

On do, 2006-09-07 at 11:19 +0200, Michiel Sikma wrote:
> Otherwise, perhaps someone can  volunteer to make some usplash
> compilations using artwork by others?

I can do that.

> Thing is, I'
> I've made some mock-ups earlier in animated GIF format. If you're
> interested in making these into real versions, feel free to ask me in
> which format you'd like to receive the individual images!

I'm no artist and won't be deciding which artwork will be in there. I'm
interested in creating themes though. Images need to be in .png format,
for animation either each frame must be easy to generate using only
square image primitives or each frame must be available as image. The
latter will cause large themes though.

usplash now makes it possible to include variants with different
resolutions in one theme, so I propose the following:

The background image at 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768 and 2
similar-resolution widescreen sizes, cropped to 4:3.

All other needed images (eg progressbar (yes, progress must still be a
bar) and animation).

All images need to use the exact same 256-color pallette!
--
Dennis K.

Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.