[ubuntu-art] Usplash for edgy is finished

Michiel Sikma michiel at thingmajig.org
Thu Sep 7 10:19:31 BST 2006

Op 7-sep-2006, om 0:45 heeft Dennis Kaarsemaker het volgende geschreven:

> well, almost finished
>
> The usplash in edgy actually already supports the bling-bling things I
> worked on lately, but doesn't say how to use them. I've just pushed
> some
> more revisions to launchpad, including an example theme and fixes to
> make theme building out-of-tree possible.

Awesome. I hope you will write a good how-to, because I'm not really
too knowledgeable on those things. Otherwise, perhaps someone can
volunteer to make some usplash compilations using artwork by others?
Thing is, I've been terribly busy lately and being out for a couple
of days due to sickness didn't help too much...

I've made some mock-ups earlier in animated GIF format. If you're
interested in making these into real versions, feel free to ask me in
which format you'd like to receive the individual images!

http://thingmajig.org/tmp/usplash_plus/ <-- all my mock-ups
http://thingmajig.org/tmp/usplash_plus/radial-light_softlight.gif <--
one that I like in particular.

Michiel