[ubuntu-art] Proposal : Ubuntu-Art forum.

Who mailforwho at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 4 11:29:17 BST 2006

I check a few different forums on a fairly regular basis, and while I
appreciate the structure I find that it makes it very difficult to
have an idea of what the whole group is doing and I find it anoying to
have to look in so many places.

I like the way that I check one place, my inbox, for all the MLs I
read - if you find it too much then get a gmail account and set up
some labels - combined with conversation grouping this makes gmail
_perfect_ for monitoring lots of high volume lists...
One of the things at the artwork meeting we had after Dapper was that
people found it difficult to check so many different places. Given I
think that it is imporssible to eliminate the mailing list, this would
just add another place.

Thirdly, I don't know how many of the busy ubuntu-masters read this
list, but I would guess it makes it easier for those who are extremely
busy and only want/need to keep one eye on the team to check a forum
and see what they need...Time is a big issue and forums mean cheking
lots of subforums for relevant messages - mailing lists mean scanning
all the titles...

Brian's comments about using wiki/LP like the other projects are good too

Note that gnomethemes.org/forum is a good forum on art and theming.

Who