[ubuntu-art] [OLS] (Never Mind about) a FeatureFreeze...(Now talking about Usplash)

Viper550 gthompson at cogeco.ca
Sun Oct 15 02:45:16 BST 2006

Troy James Sobotka wrote:
> Good lord.
>
> Can we just let this rest?
>
> It's over for Edgy.  The freeze has been hit.
>

> If you want to try something productive, try
> twiddling with the bits that are already in
> Dapper.
>
> The _entire_ product of this entire cycle --
> if you are to look at anything aesthetic -- is
> to realize that the Dapper look is sabdfl's idea
> of near perfection.
>
> Sorry, but once again I think you are wasting the
> precious time of the developers.
>
> Sincerely,
> TJS
>
> On Sat, 2006-14-10 at 19:30 -0400, Viper550 wrote:
>
>> In order for Operation Last Stand to work, we will be requiring an
>> exception to the current FeatureFreeze status. Below is the email I
>> fired off. You may still begin work on OLS related artwork, but
>> everything is riding on this email's result.

Sorry...but can we at least have a non-temporary Usplash?

If we are using Dapper's artwork, why don't we use that port of Dapper's
artwork I made for Edgy as the default?

Viper550

p.s. I still think we should at least have a new wallpaper in a similar
style to Dapper, just change that and I'll be happy...