[ubuntu-art] Codename: Operation Last Stand

Who mailforwho at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 15 00:53:37 BST 2006

I don't disagree with the fundamental idea here, but I think before
you start diverting people's valuable time with this you need to get
approval and guidelines from Frank and sabdfl - only through those two
can anything be DONE.

People producing artwork based on the guidelines you have layed out
are very unlikely to produce work of a style that will get into the
distro - if you look closely you will notice there have been _huge_
numbers of submissions that do almost exactly what you are suggesting
over the last few weeks (see
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Specs/EdgyArtworkPlan/Polish/Incoming )

For example, over the last week we worked closely with sabdfl to get a
glassy logo that he felt was up to scratch - the results of this are
published on the wiki at

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Specs/EdgyArtworkPlan/Polish/Incoming/WhoFinalLogo

I _do_ really feel strongly about getting new art into Edgy, but I
know that in order to do it we need to work closely with sabdfl and
design things HE approves, not just thinks LIKE what he LIKES - we
have done that already and it wasn't good enough, which is WHY we are
in this situation.

Who