[ubuntu-art] Reversion to Dapper Artwork

Mark Shuttleworth mark at canonical.com
Thu Oct 12 17:46:57 BST 2006

Reverting to Dapper would not be a great outcome - but it would be
preferable to shipping with artwork that does not meet our standards.
We've invested a huge amount of time and effort in the Edgy art
community process, and thus far we don't have a final set of images that
IMO cut the mustard. That's not a critique of the capabilities of any of
the individual artists, just that we haven't pulled it all together as
well as we hoped.

So. I'm continuing to speak with the AiC and art community members (we
have had a series of conference calls in recent days, trying to converge
on a good looking result). I hope we can get a set that rocks in place,
but I'm not going to delay Edgy for that. I'd rather use it as a
learning experience than live with art that I don't think reflects the
best of what we can do as a community.

Mark