[ubuntu-art] cancel / apply icons

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 17:14:30 BST 2006

2006/10/10, Adam Shaw <shaw.adam.d at gmail.com>:

> Ubuntu is glossy and modern and so the BEFORE icons suit the Human theme
> of Ubuntu far better than the AFTER icons. Please put them back in. :D
>
> - Adam

Well I for one find that the Tango icons are remarkably non-Humanish. Tango
icons feel cartoonish and artificial (I mean  this as style metaphors not
critisism, Tango is great) and generally blend in rather poorly with Human
IMO.

The old Gnome icons are non-glossy and pixelised so they stand out quite a
bit too. The real solution is to create new icons in the Human style (as has
been done with the Apply icon if I'm not mistaken).

Cheers,
Mikkel