[ubuntu-art] Logout sound

Alex Fraser spam at phatcore.com
Tue Oct 10 16:46:52 BST 2006

Hi guys,

Thanks for explaining why the sound has been shortened. I'm starting to
warm to the new sound, although it still makes me feel rushed. I think
that's an important point: the old sound used to leave me feeling
satisfied.

On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 18:14 -0700, Troy James Sobotka wrote:
> The begging question is, do the sounds add to this
> immersion factor as they do in cinema?  I would argue
> that they do, and therefore are functional unto
> themselves.

For what it's worth (given that the bug is now closed), I'm inclined to
agree. I personally don't mind if my system takes a few seconds to shut
down if it feels more polished by doing so. If everything else was
allowed to continue shutting down in the background, there'd be no time
wasted on slower machines, and faster machines would power off as soon
as the sound finishes.

Cheers,
Alex