[ubuntu-art] ubuntu calendar

Matthew Nuzum matthew.nuzum at canonical.com
Fri Oct 6 15:46:10 BST 2006

Mikkel's suggestion that his splash concept was controversial made me
laugh a bit in remembrance of Ubuntu calendar.

I noticed that the last calendar appears to have come out in the spring
of 2005 - quite some time ago considering the entire time line of Ubuntu.

I know there are artists who are eager to help but simply don't feel
they fit in with the current specs. It pains me a bit to know people
want to help but are unable.

I wonder if Ubuntu Calendar should be resurrected as a way to get more
people involved.

Instead of packages like ubuntu-calendar-march, we could create
ubuntu-calendar-edgy and ubuntu-calendar-edgy-november (and etc). Then,
each edgy calendar would be designed to work harmoniously with the edgy
default themes.

When Edgy+1 comes out, ubuntu-edgy-calendar would stop getting updates,
and ubuntu-calendar-f* would be released with each fitting harmoniously
with the edgy+1 desktop.

No need to follow the trend of the original calendars; instead each new
calendar could vary quite a bit from the others with the common thread
being its cohesiveness to the rest of the theme.
--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode