[ubuntu-art] Work of the Theme teams!

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 5 11:47:56 BST 2006

Hello,

first of all: congratulations on all the work that went into the themes
of the theme teams. Frank and I worked on the packaging of them and they
will soon be available in the archive (they are all sitting in NEW at
the moment).

(With Frank's agreement,) I took the liberty of calling the themes
<name>-look. For example blubuntu-look will be a meta-package that pulls
in the blubuntu-wallpapers, blubuntu-theme, etc. That way people can
install the wallpaper, if they should want to do that.

I added products to Launchpad for the themes and added bzr branches to
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/InBzr - I welcome everybody who likes to
get involved in the technical aspects or make changes to the themes to
do them in bzr.

More important than that: I urge the art team to get involved and become
default subscriber for bugs of those packages. So to subscribe yourself
to bugs of a package you go to an URL like
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/tropic-look/+subscribe - I
suggest to form teams for the theme teams and subscribe them to the
bugs.

Please be sure to check the list of artwork packages (on
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/InBzr) and help to triage bugs and make
sure they are addressed for release.

Thanks a lot - Rock On!
 Daniel