[ubuntu-art] De Edgy Artwork reflection

iacopo masi iacopo.masi at gmail.com
Mon May 29 00:51:26 BST 2006

I'm thinking about Edgy  future artwork and Dapper has close the Human theme
cyles.
With edgy there will be a new reinvented from skratch artwork.
I like very much the new Orange Human expecilly the wallpaper and the icons
(both Human and Tangerine).
I put my opinion,my reflection in the next artwork.
Starting from other concorrential no open OS like Xp
(Microsoft)<http://www.granneman.com/images/windows_xp_screenshot.gif>and
Osx
(Apple) <http://img1.grafika.cz/grafika/images3/os1f.gif> we see that there
is a big work on artwork. :D
Xp is tasted with a blue and green theme with yellow folder. Os x with a
light cyan, white and gray color scheme.
In this schemas there was not only a predominant color in the theme. So the
reproach to Human theme is "when a person looks ubuntu after 2 minutes says:
ohh too much Brown (Breezy: wallpaper dark brow and brown gtk and brown
metacity) or Too orange (dapper: orange icons,gtk and metacity) "
So do you consider that for edgy it will be better if there will be like 2
or 3 color: like 2 major colors and 1 minor. It will be beautiful to think
at ubuntu and remember nature: so blue (sky), green (grass), brown (tree).
If this is too xp-ish it can be taken a lot of color scheme. For example
thinking at dapper,
my thought is that it was better if the metacity was of another color than
the orange. In this way the eye could rest and than all theme could be less
boring and heavy. Ispirating by Ubuntu
logo<http://alumno.ucol.mx/%7Eal986081/imagenes/wallpapers/ubuntu.png>it
is possibile to make the metacity of a black color and mixing the
black
color also in the wallpaper. for dapper we could have mix orange, black and
sand begie. So I hope in edgy will be not only a predomint color but at
lease two with variations.
About the gtk I consider that we must continue to work with engines doing a
synthesis of all best: I will take checkbox and V check form ubuntulooks,
scrollbar and progress bar form gFlat
engines<http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=39970>(rezlooks
modified) and tab and panel from Clearlooks. However a lot of good
work has been done with wonderful ubuntulooks.
So at the end I consider that we can make a personal ,special, recognizable
and enviable look and feel mixing cairo animation taking the best from
various engines, innvoative (not blue) colore schema but not boring and a
touch of art.

Regards,
lizardking