[ubuntu-art] Website art request

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at ubuntu.com
Sun May 28 00:20:52 BST 2006

Hi,

I'm just giving the website a bit of a face lift before the release. I'm
going to simplify the front page a bit, adding some images and direct
links. I've also updated the side menu a bit.

On secondary pages like http://www.ubuntu.com/community I've added some
grey text to the top of the menu, but I will shortly also place an image
there.

However, on the main page http://www.ubuntu.com/ where there will be
several images, I don't want to put an image in the menu itself. I've
put a faded Ubuntu logo there, but I'm not really happy with it. Can
anyone here improve on that?

It needs to fit into that 190px wide tan region, and be between 50 and
100 px tall. IMO it should be fairly subtle since we already have a
large logo in the top right corner. It doesn't even _have_ to be the
logo, just something that will look nice in that location.

Thanks!

- Henrik