[ubuntu-art] My idea for Edgy (warning, lots of ranting!)

Jean Pierre Rupp jpierre at xeno-genesis.com
Sat May 27 04:14:08 BST 2006

El vie, 26-05-2006 a las 11:11 +0200, Andreas Nilsson escribió:

> Why reinvent the wheel a bazillion times just because something is
> Not
> Invented Here[tm]?
> Perhaps it should be a nice idea to start polishing other parts of
> the
> interface during Edgy. There are lots of stuff that needs a lot of
> love
> from talented artists, both in Ubuntu and on the free desktop in
> general.
> - Andreas

I tend to agree with Andreas, for example, we have Tangerine that is
great but we're still going for Human icons which are relatively good
but not great. Also, Tangerine is clearly based on Tango, but it has the
Ubuntu stamp with it's unique color palette, and stands on the (great)
effort done by the Tango team. I tend to think that standing on the
shoulders of giants is a good thing (TM).