[ubuntu-art] Human or Tangerine for Dapper by default?

Who mailforwho at googlemail.com
Fri May 26 10:05:45 BST 2006

On 5/26/06, Jean Pierre Rupp <jpierre at xeno-genesis.com> wrote:
> It seems Dapper still comes with the ugly Human icons by default instead
> of the much more streamlined Tangerine set. Which is the one that will
> be in Dapper by default at the end?.

Mark was pretty clear on this here:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-art/2006-May/001392.html

I think it is a shame (well, actually, I only really dislike the
folders), but I also think that getting someone to develop an entire
icon theme from scratch, with the sole intention of it being the
Dapper theme and then abandoning it 4 days before release would be
unproductive and harsh! The Tangerine guys have been doing a great job
orangifying Tango, but it was always as an addtional theme and it is
also intrinsically less original than Human...

Tangerine is available, and is the default icon theme for at least one
of the new metathemes :)