[ubuntu-art] AGENDA: Dapper Evaluation

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Thu May 25 20:10:22 BST 2006

On 5/25/06, Troy James Sobotka <troy.sobotka at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mich posted this interesting thought.  I think it is worth discussing
> to see where everyone thinks Dapper is shy.
>
> Shortlist
> * Beautiful art all round, but perhaps inconsistent?  GDM splash
>   compared to Wallpaper? -- TJS
> * Love the rounded windows.  Love the new colors. --TJS

I don't know if anyone has used compiz and xgl yet, but it adds a
shadow around the window, including on the window decorations. It
looks very poor to me. If Edgy is going to be about new technology,
I'd love to see XGL make it in, and for the windows to actually look
nice.

(but please, resist the urge to turn wobbly windows on by default...)

--
Matthew Nuzum
www.bearfruit.org