[ubuntu-art] ubuntu-artwork + magic help = tango-artwork

Pascal Klein 4pascal at tpg.com.au
Tue May 23 17:02:54 BST 2006

Hey art folks.

As you all well know, there is a package in main called ubuntu-artwork,
and as most of you, I guess would also know, the Tango Desktop Project
strives to bring a consistent look and feel to the free desktop. This
would include a login theme, a splash screen, desktop themes, browser
themes and of course the icon set.

As the icon set is already in (tango-icon-theme and
tango-icon-theme-common) I would like to package up the Tango goodies
that I have collected thus far on the OfficialTango wiki page...

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArtworkTeam/OfficialTango

...into some form of package. This would go into universe and would
allow a user to Tango-ify their desktop with one package so they do not
have to search the net for the various goodies, download them and then
figure out where they all go.

ubuntu-artwork handles all the artwork for the Ubuntu desktop,
installing GTK, GDM, Metacity themes, splash screens, wallpapers and
icon sets all in their respective places and then selecting them. I
would like to use ubuntu-artwork as a base and then just replace the
artwork components with the goodies on the above mentioned OfficialTango
page.

I downloaded the source and had a look at the various parts that make up
the tarball however much of it is still over my head. Would someone be
willing to either help me out or package up a few things for me using
ubuntu-artwork as a base? Would be awesome. :o)

Cheers,
Pascal

PS. Note that on the wiki page the emotes package, apps-icons and the
firefox theme are outdated. I would probably use the new Firefox theme
that was discussed on the art list and I would have to update the emotes
as well as the application icons.

Also note the splash screen is currently not uploaded.