[ubuntu-art] Voting for Dapper Themes

Guilherme Salgado guilherme.salgado at canonical.com
Tue May 16 20:38:18 BST 2006

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 08:31:08PM +0100, Who wrote:
> On 5/15/06, Guilherme Salgado <guilherme.salgado at canonical.com> wrote:
> >On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 12:30:05AM +0100, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> >>    Who wrote:
> >>
> >>        What next? I couldn't see how to make a poll on Launchpad...
> >>
> >>        Who
> >>
> >>        If you go there, NOT logged in, it states..
> >>
> >>         "log in as Admin and set up a poll" (or similar)
> >
> >Polls can be created only by team admins. In case you're not an
> >administrator
> >(nor the team owner) of the team you're trying to create the poll, you need
> >to ask the team owner to promote you to an administrator.
> >
> >If you are an administrator of that team, you should just need to login to
> >be
> >able to create the poll.
> >
> >You can find me on #launchpad or email me if you have any further problems.
>
> CCD Ubuntu-art and JoelMonetes01
>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the response
>
> I am not the administrator, or owner, and attempts to contact Joel
> have failed me so far (probably he is just busy, but I feel a bit of
> urgency about this - I don't want to miss the deadline and so miss out
> on getting the packages included!)
>
> Is there any way that someone from the team could be temporarily made
> an administrator, or that someone else could set up the poll - I think
> the above email makes it clear the sabdfl wants it done.

I myself can't do it, but I can explain what's going on to one of the
Launchpad administrators and they'll be able to set up the poll for you. It'd
be good if you could join #launchpad on freenode.net so we can sort out the
poll details and ask one of the global admins to create it for you.

> Hope everyone agrees this is the best course of action to get things going
> again

Yes, it looks like a plan to me.

Cheers

--