[ubuntu-art] pngtobogl

Frank Schoep frank at ffnn.nl
Wed May 17 17:21:39 BST 2006

On Wednesday 17 May 2006 17:27, Étienne Bersac wrote:
> All my 640x400 pngs are 16 colours, but i don't even see odd colors !!!
> Why ???
>
> How did Frank Schoep to build his minimalistic and backlit theme ??? Did
> he use another pngtobogl ?

I use the default pngtobogl, really. I'm honestly not doing anything special,
just following the instructions on this wiki page:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/USplashCustomizationHowto

Have you made sure your image palette is exactly 16 colors and that the
"special" colors are in the right place? After that it should work properly,
provided you follow all steps in the wiki page, up to recreating the
initramfs, which is crucial to seeing your changes at boot.

One thing I noticed is that my GIMP's palette editor is really awkward (read:
horrible) to use, but it does the trick eventually.

With kind regards,

Frank Schoep