[ubuntu-art] Uspash

Viper550 gthompson at cogeco.ca
Sat May 13 12:37:05 BST 2006

Travis Watkins wrote:
> On 5/12/06, Joao Inacio <jcinacio at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is there any reason why the image should be scaled from 640x480 to
>> 640x400 and not cropped, keeping the aspect ratio?
>>
>> IMHO the scaled down image looks really uncool...
>>

> vga16fb (the framebuffer used to show the usplash image) is 640x400.
> They look squished now but when usplash is using them they work fine.

Okay, I redid them using a new squishing technique, quoth Adam Conrad
"What I did here was take your 640x400 image, bump the canvass size (ie:
no rescaling) to 640x480, then take THAT and rescale the image to
640x400. That gives you the right "shapes" for everything, so it's at
the correct aspect ratio."

Viper550