[ubuntu-art] Uspash

Frank Schoep frank at ffnn.nl
Fri May 12 22:51:51 BST 2006

On Friday 12 May 2006 23:46, Viper550 wrote:
> artworks down to 13 colors (and they were already 640x480 already so that
> helped!). I had to do some adjustments to Kubuntu and Edubuntu to make them
> dither well, but Ubuntu survived pretty good!

The images should be 640x400, skewing the aspect ratio, Mark was advising
_not_ to use 640x480. The Ubuntu splash isn't dithered correctly, it still
has 253 colors which is probably why it still looks so good :-)

More details on USplash customization are on the Wiki:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/USplashCustomizationHowto

With kind regards,

Frank Schoep